It’s been a busy 6 months, trying to update all of my websites whilst commuting etc & it’s taking a long time especially as the front end’s are being done from scratch. If someone ever tells you it’s simple to move from a classic website to one using microservices, don’t believe them – it will take some time.
Anyhow, progress is progress. Here’s the current status:
- The blog is now on it’s own domain, new layout, still not happy about how it looks though.
- Documentation and API’s are now on the area51.onl site with more being added as I finish them.
- departureboards.mobi is almost complete, just got some minor layout issues to solve.
- uktra.in is next. Most of the backend stuff is done, just got to port the CMS over and rewrite the timetable search & real time search pages.
- map.lu is running to the point it’s now providing maps again to the other sites.
- maidstoneweather.com & the weather station are still sadly down. I’ve got the replacement electronics ready but again it’s finding time to fix it – it’s only taken a year so far :-S
- trainwatch.uk is still dormant – not found a use for that domain yet.
So there’s still plenty to do. When you spend 20+ hours just commuting on top of the working week it’s a problem, but I’m getting there.